5 Comments
founding

Get rid of Cousins as soon as it is economically feasible. His incessant propensity for check down passes make his stats look good at the expense of our chance to win. That’s the way he is wired and he won’t change.

Expand full comment

-“The Vikings’ offense is 19th in third down conversion rate, yet Cousins has a 113.8 QB rating on third downs. Maybe we’re onto something here. On third-and-10 or more, Cousins has completed 36 of 44 passes and has a 123.5 QB rating but has only 13 first downs.”-

So, on 64% of his completed passes on 3rd-and-10 or more, he was throwing well short of the sticks. Who knows how many of the remaining 36% were also dump offs, but the receiver prevailed. Is there an average depth of target stat available for this situation (3rd-and-10 or more).

It sounds like the old joke on the construction site when trying to jockey a tight fitting beam into place. As it slid into place on one end, the guy on that end would yell, “I got mine” and act like he would do nothing to help the guy/s on the other end get the much more difficult part in place.

“I got my stats. Too bad you guys didn’t get a first down.”

Expand full comment
founding

“I got my stats. Too bad you guys didn’t get a first down.”

Spot on...

Expand full comment

I get what you're saying. But maybe Kirk throws it early as he's concerned about getting sacked because of the protection. There have been at least 2 games this year when Kirk drove for a go-head touchdown, and the other team scored last. And once when the kicker missed when kirk drove the team. And once when Cook fumbled when kirk was driving the team. That's 4 wins right there. Instead, on Matt's podcasts, it's all about why Kirk didn't get 14 point leads or something like that. Just wait until Kirk is gone. I'm also a WFT fan, and I can tell you, they wished they still had Kirk (although Taylor is pretty good right now).

Expand full comment

Interesting article on Cousins

https://wapo.st/3oFK7BC

Expand full comment